Sunday, January 1, 2012

Collection - January 2012 / Sammlung

I'd like to start this year with a short summary of my fledgling collection.
My nail polish obsession started only a few months ago and for now I have mostly restricted myself to brands readily available in Germany. Or maybe I should say readily available for an acceptable price. OPI is also available, but I'll be dammed if I pay 16 € for it!

Before September I only had a handful of polishes, most of them at least 8 years old. Most had dried out... I've only kept a few and have converted some into (more or less successful) Frankens.

This is what it looks like now:

***

Kleiner Überblick über meine putzige kleine Sammlung zu Beginn des neuen Jahres.

Angefangen habe ich damit erst im September und hab mich zum großen Teil erstmal auf gängige Marken beschränkt - die, die es zu einem vernünftigen Preis gibt versteht sich. OPI gibt's ja auch... aber da zahl ich keine 16 Euronen für.

Davor hatte ich nur eine Handvoll alter, zum großen Teil ausgetrockneter Lacke. Von den Paar, die ich behalten habe wurden einige (mehr oder weniger erfolgreich) in Franken konvertiert. Das muss ich aber noch üben.

Und so schaut's im Moment aus:

From the front:
1st row - OPI, Essie, Douglas Absolute Nails, Mavala, BeYu, Artdeco
2nd row: Catrice & Essence
3rd row: Kiko, P2
4th row: cheap stuff - Fairdwind, Glamline, H&M, Aldi
last row: old (Manhattan, Jade, Chicogo, Astor) & Frankens


After I started painting every even vaguely suitable surface around me to try out the colours, I ordered a bunch of these Nail Tips. And lo, it was love on first sight! Great stuff!

The pictures aren't very good - especially the dark colours look prety much the same. I'll have to figure out some better way and place to take pics.
Still, you can more or less see what colours I already have and what range I'm still missing. So far, I haven't been overly daring and have restricted myself to colours I know I'll like, which is why so many of them are quite similar (though with two exception I have no dupes).

***

Nachdem ich angefangen hab alle glatten weißen Plastikoberflächen und mich herum zu bepinseln und die Farben nebeneinander sehen zu können habe ich mir gleich ein Packen von den Nail Tips bestellt und was soll ich sagen. Es war Liebe auf den ersten Blick *schmacht*.

Die Bilder sind nicht besonders - besonders die dunklen Farben sehen alle irgendwie gleich auch, da muss ich noch dran arbeiten. Trotzdem kann man so ungefähr erkennen was ich hab, und vor allem wo die Lücken sind.

Ich hab mich noch nicht so ganz getraut und hab mich auf meine Lieblingsfarben beschränkt. Deswegen habe ich sehr viele sehr ähnliche Farben (aber mit zwei Ausnahmen noch keine Dupes!)



Reds and Purples


Greens and Blues

Anything that is neutral enough to pass as nude.
Some look a tad too dark to count, but it's my lack of picture taking skills, not the colours themselves.


It'll be interesting to see how this will look like a few months hence. I've already run out of nail tips and will be ordering some more as soon as I get paid :D

***

Ich bin sehr darauf gespannt wie das ganze in Zukunft aussehen wird. Die erste Packung Nail Tips habe ich schon verbraucht, mit dem nächsten Gehalt werden gleich welche nachbestellt!



An alle, die sich hierhin verirren - wie sieht das mit dem zweisprachigen Text aus? Soll ich dabei bleiben oder vielleicht besser nur auf Englisch schreiben? Bei den Büchern bleibe ich bei nur-Englisch (außer ich will ein deutschsprachiges Buch besprechen) weil ich ja eh zu 95% auf Englisch lese. Aber bei den Lacken bin ich mir nicht sicher.

No comments:

Post a Comment